Selling Greeting Cards
How do I market and sell my homemade greeting cards?
Your guide to selling greeting cards. Making your own greeting cards is becoming more and more popular and handmade cards are in demand for
Making and selling homemade greeting cards can be a rewarding work at home opportunity.
Find out how to price your cards at Greeting Card Home Business
Use these tips and advice to help you market and sell your greeting cards from home.
- Develop promotional material. Before you start your marketing you will need to design and print business cards. Think of a good name
for your greeting card home business and develop promotional material such as flyers or brochures that show samples of your greeting cards. You can create a document on the computer using photographs
of your greeting cards and print it using a high end color printer.
Business Name Ideas
Make Your Own Business Cards
Make a Flyer
- Gift stores. This is a good starting point for selling your greeting cards. Find local gift stores
that sell similar items to your handmade greeting cards. For example a high end gift shop with other hand-crafted items may be the right
outlet for your unique hand crafted cards. Visit the store with samples and promotional material.
- Craft fairs. Simply rent a booth at local craft fairs. Set up an attractive display of your
greeting cards. Hand out your advertising material. Find out About Craft Shows. Local craft stores often sell handmade items on consignment.
- Create a website. This is an option that you may want to use for selling greeting cards once
your greeting card home business is better established. Building a website to showcase your homemade greeting cards and to obtain orders is
not difficult. Go to Making Your Own Website
- Partner with other businesses. Offer your cards at a special price to other small
businesses that offer gift services and gift baskets.
- Send your own Thank You cards out. Send one of your Thank You cards to people you deal
with professionally and personally. Networking is a good way to advertise your product.
- Approach local businesses. A number of companies send out greeting cards as a way of building good
customer relations. Make an appointment and take along samples of your work. Discuss making customized greeting cards for the company.
Realtors, insurance agents and beauty salons amongst others send greeting cards to valued customers. Approach bridal stores and ask to leave samples of wedding
invitation and wedding stationery and your contact details.
- Presentation and packaging. The way you package and present you greeting cards is key to success
in selling greeting cards. A homemade card that is neatly and professionally presented will sell far quicker. Presenting your greeting cards
in some sort of packaging also has the advantage of protecting the cards when they are looked at and handled.
If you are making gift packs of handmade greeting cards make sure they are beautifully and distinctly wrapped. You can include your business card in the package.
- Label your greeting cards. A label or stamp on the back of each card with your business details will get you
- eBay. Consider opening an account and selling greeting cards on eBay. Decide which themes you are going to sell.
For example Flower Greeting Cards or Green Greeting Cards. Package the greeting cards into groups of four or five for each auction to facilitate faster sales.
Other online marketplaces where you can sell your greeting cards include Etsy and Artfire. Find out about more about Selling Cards Online
- Hold a home party. Organize your own home party to display and sell your greeting cards.
Partner with other home businesses who have home parties such as candles, soaps, jewelry, lingerie.
- Advertise locally. Consider placing adverts in the local paper, church magazine, local club and organization newsletters,
school newletters etc.
- Word of mouth Word of mouth is a great marketing tool. Discuss your greeting card business
with everyone you come into contact with! Show your hairdresser, your vet, your dentist samples of your work. Ask if you can leave your promotional material.
Providing a quality product at a reasonable price will ensure sales.
Everyone loves a beautiful greeting card. Be creative about selling greeting cards and be persistent! Building any home business takes time and
commitment. Make unique and well crafted greeting cards, price them properly, keep on working at it and your home business will succeed.
How to start a Greeting Card Business
Sourcing supplies for your Homemade Greeting Cards
Find inspiration at Greeting Card Ideas
Pricing Homemade Greeting Cards
Requirements for Starting a Greeting Card Business
Are you good with words? You can consider making money Writing for Greeting Card Companies
Return to Work at Home Crafts homepage
Earn income from home making and selling greeting cards
Return from Selling Greeting Cards to My Home Business Ideas
Use the search box to find what you are looking for.