Lawn Care Advertising
How to get customers for your lawn care service
Lawn care advertising can be both affordable and very effective. There are a number of tried and tested ways to get customers for your lawn care service.
How to advertise and promote your lawn care business. Consider your budget and your target market when deciding on the best way to reach potential customers.
- Business Name Choose a catchy and memorable business name that sets you apart from the competition.
Find out more at Lawn Care Business Names
- Business Cards Get business cards for your lawn care service. You can create your own business cards
with a limited budget. Find out how at
Make Your Own Business Cards. Hand out your business cards to all potential customers.
- Lawn care advertising door hangers Door hangers are an excellent direct marketing tool.
Your message reaches your potential customer instantly. Find out how to create affordable
Lawn Care Door Hangers
- Flyers These provide another good opportunity to reach your target market directly.
An eye catching flyer that gets the reader's interest is one of
the most cost effective ways to get the word out about your lawn care service. Find out more at
Lawn Care Flyers
- Vehicle advertising Maximise the advertising opportunity your vehicle provides. Get car magents for each side of your vehicle.
They cost about $10 each for small magnets and can be ordered online from any number of print companies. You will be a great traveling
advertisement for your lawn care business. Magnets on the rear end of your vehicle or trailer are very effective. People have no choice but to notice them when stuck behind you in traffic!
Make sure your sticker or magnet is clutter free, easy to read and has all the necessary contact details.
- Yard signs Have some lawn or yard signs made up with your business name and contact details.
You can order yard signs from companies online. The more you order the cheaper each sign becomes. One yard sign will cost on average about $30 but 30 yard signs will cost about $15 each.
Place your signs on the corners of busy streets, at current customers and with friends and family.
- Visit realtors and property management companies Visit local realtors and property management
companies with your promotional material. Look for real estate signs in your neighborhood to get contact names. Free real estate magazines are often available outside
retaurants and malls. Go through these magazines and list possible contacts to visit or email. Cleaning up the yards of bank owned or foreclosed homes is another business opportunity.
Speak to realtors to get contact details of companies managing these foreclosed homes.
- Local media Traditional advertising methods still work. Placing ads in your local newspaper, community
magazines and newsletters is very affordable. A number of people use the Yellow Pages to find the services they need. Seniors are more likely to
use traditonal media to find a lawn care service. Local classifieds newspapers such as Thrifty Nickel provide an inexpensive way to
advertise your service. These free classifieds newspapers reach a large audience and are worth trying.
- Online Directories List your lawn care business in online lawn care company registers.
Potential customers use these online directories to find service providers
in their area. For a small fee or sometimes for free you are able to list your lawn care service in the directory. Examples include
www.lawncaredirectory.com, www.allaboutlawns.com and www.homeservicesengine.com
- Craigslist This is a good place for a free online advert. Place an ad in your local area section.
Other free online classiified sites you can use for lawn care advertising include www.backpage.com and www.ebayclassifieds.com
- Local online business directories You can create a free listing for your business on
Google Places. When people search Google Maps for local information they will find your details. You can also create a basic business listing
for free at Yahoo! Local Business. The online Yellow Pages are another option.
- Referrals As you build a solid reputation this should become your most effective method of lawn care advertising.
Be proactive and ask existing customers for the names of potential customers. If you have provided a reliable and quality service they will
be happy to recommend you to friends and family.
Get testimonials from your customers. These are very useful for convincing potential customers to use your lawn care service.
Find out more about how to start a successful Lawn Care Business
Be proactive with lawn care advertising to find customers and quickly establish your lawn care service.
Return to Home Business Advertising homepage
Make money with a successful lawn care business
Return from Lawn Care Advertising to My Home Business Ideas
Use the search box to find what you are looking for.