Home Business Advertising
How to advertise your products and services within your budget
Home business advertising and marketing can be challenging. Home based businesses generally have
limited budgets and resources when it comes to promoting their products and services but there are a number of cost effective advertising options.
Make your own Business Cards
Business cards are an essential marketing tool. You can create your own
business cards at home using your computer and a desktop printer. This guide takes you step by step through the process to
Make your Own Business Cards. Business cards are only of promotional value
if they are used effectively and creatively. Use your business cards to build a network of business contacts and customers by following these simple steps:
- Don't leave home without your business cards. Keep a number in your glove box as well as in your pocket, wallet or purse.
- When you meet someone always ask them for their business card. Read their card carefully and ask some relevant questions to show genuine interest.
Mention what you do and they will politely ask you for your business card in return. Hand over your card and answer any questions they may have. This is the start
of establishing a possible business relationship.
- Target your market and ask if you can leave your business cards in an attractive business card stand. For example if your home
business is animal related leave your cards at veterinary practices and pet stores.
- When you communicate with anyone in writing, including bills you pay, always include your business card. When you leave a
tip in a restaurant leave your business card with it, leave them in library books as bookmarks, inside magazines at the doctors office.
Get creative and use every potential opportunity to get your business card out there!
Make a Flyer
Flyers are a low cost and highly effective way to reach a wide audience and attract customers. You can create your own flyers using these easy, free guides to
Make a Flyer. Get the most out of your home business advertising flyers by following these
- Get the readers attention. Your flyers should have an attention grabbing headline and
capture the reader's interest straight away. Find out how to design an effective flyer using these great design tips and techniques at
How to Make a Flyer.
- Distribute your flyers efficiently. Consider where and when your target market is likely to pick up
your flyers. If you are marketing to seniors think about where they are most likely to congregate - local community centers for bingo night, local libraries and
local pharmacies. If your target market is busy professionals then consider distributing your flyers at apartment complexes, offices and childcare centers.
If your home based business is child related then target their parents with your home business advertising flyers at doctor's waiting rooms, local clinics,
play centers, party venues.
- Exchange promotional material with business partners. Ask a non-competitive but complementary business to distribute your flyers in
exchange for you doing the same for them. For example your decor business can be promoted by the local real estate agent and visa versa. Buddy
marketing gives you the opportunity to reach a whole new pool of potential customers.
Design, print and distribute door hangers
Promotional door hangers are one of the most cost effective direct marketing tools.
- You can design a
door hanger to send exactly the advertising message you want about your small or home business and then strategically distribute the door hangers to
potential customers. Find out how to successfully design
Advertising Door Hangers
- The most economical option is to design your own door hanger and then get them professionally printed by a commercial printing company. There are a number of online
printing companies that will print your design and ship or deliver the door hangers to you. Find out more at
Print Door Hangers
- As important as proper door hanger design is a proper distribution plan, otherwise you can waste a great deal of time and money. Find out how to get
the best value from your door hangers at how to distribute Promotional Door Hangers
Create an eBay listing
If you are selling a product an eBay listing can be a fast and inexpensive way to reach potential customers. When you list your items for auction or create an eBay store
you are effectively advertising your home business to whoever views the listing. You can get started selling successfully on eBay with these practical
guides to Selling on eBay
Branding your home business with an effective business name is an important advertising tool. Find out more at
Business Name Ideas
Get help with your home business at Home Business Information
Home business advertising can be done efficiently and effectively with little expense.
Advertise your home business and get the customers you want
Return from Home Business Advertising to My Home Business Ideas
Use the search box to find what you are looking for.